Your chance to take part in the EDP Festival of Carols
Singers are being invited to join the Festival Choir for this year's EDP Festival of Carols concert in Norwich.
The annual festive gathering at the city's historic St Andrews Hall has become a popular tradition, and each year the Festival Choir is formed to perform a selection of Christmas carols and songs.
On the evening the group also shares the stage with the Broadland Youth Choir, Cawston Brass Band, and others who contribute to the seasonal show.
This year's EDP Festival of Carols is set to take place on Tuesday, December 9, with tickets due to go on sale next month.
Musical director Carole Tims said that usually between 35 and 40 singers perform in the Festival Choir, and that this year she thought it would be nice to offer the chance for even more people to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
'It's great fun and it makes you feel very festive,' she said.
'The EDP Festival of Carols is about introducing the season of Christmas really.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
'We usually have it fairly near the beginning of December. It's a great get together.'
She said it was an excellent opportunity for people who enjoy singing to work at a high level on a relatively short project, and to enjoy the experience of performing at St Andrews Hall.
The Festival Choir is open to people aged 18 and over. Rehearsals begin at the end of October and take place every Friday 7.30pm-9pm at the Jubilee Hall, in Salhouse, until the night of the concert.
• Anyone interested in joining the Festival Choir should call Mrs Tims on 01603 721912.
People should get in touch with Mrs Tims by Sunday, October 26.
• The EDP Festival of Carols will this year be on Tuesday, December 9 at St Andrews Hall. Tickets will go sale in November. Full details of how to book will be published in the paper.
• Are you organising a special show in Norwich? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com