Your chance to say thank you to the unsung heroes of Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Do you know someone who has gone above and beyond in your community?
Now is the chance to show your appreciation with the launch of this year's Thetford Awards Recognising Achievement (TARAs).
Started last year with help from the Times, the awards seek to recognise people from volunteers and community groups to charity fund-raisers and benevolent businesses who goes beyond the call of duty to make others' lives better.
It is an opportunity to praise those unsung heroes who all too often slip under the radar.
Mark Robinson, local councillor and businessman, decided to launch the awards to reward the generous people of Thetford who he has come across in his family and business life.
The first TARAs saw nominees in six categories including Good Neighbour, Volunteer and Bravery, with the awards ceremony held in January at the Carnegie Room.
Editor of the Times Andrew Fitchett will be involved in the awards again this year alongside Mr Robinson.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 5 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 10 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
He said: 'We're delighted to be backing the TARAs for another year. Last year's event was a fantastic celebration of all that's great about our town, and the people that make it tick.
'We all know people who go above and beyond to make a difference, whether it be volunteering, helping out a neighbour, or doing something extraordinary that marks them out.
'Hopefully people will share their nominations with us, so we can make sure this year's event is another big success.'
You can nominate someone for the TARAs by visiting the Thetford and Brandon Times website from the end of this week.