Your chance to (nearly) see Amy Winehouse, Queen and Kings of Leon in Norfolk this summer
- Credit: supplied by The Nearly Festival
Festival fans will have the chance to watch the likes of Queen, Amy Winehouse and Kings of Leon live in Norfolk this summer - well, nearly.
An array of tribute acts singing the songs of music greats will be taking to stages across Norwich and beyond as part of a series of Nearly Festivals and Garden Parties.
There will be two Nearly Festival Garden Parties at Norwich pub the Gibraltar Gardens and also one in at Lenwade House, a few miles outside of the city, and there are also plans for the Nearly Festival to be involved in a Party in the Park event at Earlham Park later in the summer.
Danny Banthorpe, one of the events organisers, who are based Norwich and Ipswich, said: 'The whole concept of the Nearly Festivals is tongue in cheek fun.
'As well as being about the tribute bands, it is just a fun day out.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the whole Nearly Festival idea first began in summer 2014 with garden parties at the Gibraltar Gardens and Lenwade House and it has grown ever since.
This year the first Gibraltar Gardens garden party will be on Sunday, April 30 and will have a guitar anthems and Britpop theme with tribute acts including Kings Ov Leon, Blurb and Kaiser Theifs.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
The second Gibraltar Gardens garden party will be on Sunday, May 28 and will have a ska and reggae theme with acts including UB40 tribute act Homegrown, Amy Winehouse tribute act Laura Jane Butler, and More Madness.
The Lenwade House garden party will be on Sunday, July 30 and performers will include Queen tribute act Flash, Leonie Voss singing the songs of Rihanna, and the Ed Sheeran Experience.
The date and line-up for the event at Norwich's Earlham Park in association with Party in the Park is still to be decided.
Tickets for the Gibraltar Gardens and Lenwade House events currently cost £8 for one event and £12 for two events and they can be bought at the venues.
Tickets for all Nearly Festival events are also available at www.facebook.com/pg/thenearlyfestival/events/
Outside of Norfolk there are also Nearly Festivals this year in Colchester, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich.
More details on these three events can be found at www.nearlyfestival.com