Your chance to challenge a Table Tennis star at Brancaster Day
- Credit: Archant
For those North Norfolk residents who consider themselves a bit of a table tennis whizz, Brancaster Day offers an opportunity to test your skills against a European Champion.
Mollie Patterson, from Brancaster Staithe, is 14-years-old and is ranked nationally at number six in Under 18s Table Tennis.
She has represented England in the under 15s age group at European level, and attends the Table Tennis England National Academy in Yorkshire where she gets to play 20 hours of Table Tennis a week.
Mollie will be at Brancaster Day on Saturday, August 5, from 1 to 5 pm on the Playing Field at Brancaster to challenge anyone to a Table Tennis Tournament.
Mollie was to be in Croatia, but sadly an injury prevented her from travelling.
You may also want to watch:
This is part of the Brancaster Day celebrations to raise money for local good causes. It includes a Fun Dog Show, Children's Sports and traditional entertainments with fairground music and homemade teas.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash