Youngsters at Aslacton Primary School and Manor Field Infant School are given a lesson in business skills
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Two schools have teamed up to hold an innovation week in the hope it will inspire the next generation of inventors and entrepreneurs.
More than 20 local firms, including Sugar Beat Eating House, were invited to encourage pupils at Aslacton Primary School and Manor Field Infant School, in Long Stratton, to become interested in business.
Each company has visited its paired class and set the youngsters challenges, which will see them having to think outside of the box, explore gaps in the market and adapt existing products.
The children will work on their designs and ideas, making mock ups and pitching and presenting their ideas, and the companies will judge the designs and winners for each product - with many of the businesses making and selling the winning designs.
Louise Mundford, teacher and organiser of the week, said: 'This is also a fantastic opportunity to work with our local community. It should be very inspiring and enterprising. A week like this provides a real purpose for learning and many opportunities to take creative risks.'
You may also want to watch:
The winning designs will be celebrated in an assembly.
A trail of the designed work will be held over the weekend in Long Stratton, where people will be able to view the children's designs - for glasses, Christmas card design and new logo for a letting agent - at the a number of businesses.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old