Youngster’s secret toad in the hole recipe wows council leaders
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A prize-winning junior chef has wowed the top brass at Norfolk County Council with her secret recipe for toad in the hole.
Council leader Cliff Jordan described the dish, cooked yesterday by Emma, a Year 6 pupil at Bungay Primary, as 'delicious – just my sort of lunch'.
Emma, who is one of Norfolk's looked after children, entered the recipe for a cookery competition this summer, and won a day out in London to cook with famous people, including Wayne Sleep and Michel Roux Jr.
After the cooking session, she said: 'It was good fun cooking at County Hall. The kitchen is like home – only bigger, and with more people cooking all at once. I made a special big portion for the big boss [executive director for children's services Michael Rosen]!'
'It was quite easy cooking the toad in the hole here. When I cooked it in London for the competition, the ovens didn't work as well as they did here or at home.'
You may also want to watch:
Emma's special recipe will go on the menu for County Hall staff to enjoy when the newly refurbished staff restaurant, run by Norse Catering, opens in early November.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich