Youngster prepare for flashmob in aid of charity
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters and staff at Sewell Park Academy in Norwich have been busy practising their moves ahead of a flashmob on Valentine's Day.
The Norwich Rising flashmob festival will take place at the Forum next Thursday at 1pm.
They practised the campaign dance with Zumba's Sarah Yendell from North Walsham during their lunch break.
Norwich Rising is part of the international campaign One Billion Rising, inspired by UN research that found that one in three women and girls worldwide are raped or violently assaulted in their lifetime.
Kerrie Fisher, head of performing arts at the academy, said: 'Dance is a powerful form of self-expression and we know that taking part in the event will boost our pupils' confidence, and their pride in themselves and their bodies.'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Rising will be opened by the Sheriff of Norwich Ros Brown and will be an interactive hour of dance, music and poetry.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 4 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase