Young performers show off their dance skills at Norwich summer school
- Credit: Steve Adams
From jazz to ballet to musical theatre numbers - young dancers took centre stage to celebrate all they had learned at a special summer school in Norwich.
Seventy-five young people aged eight to 18 took part in Norfolk Dance Association's 2016 summer school at City Academy Norwich.
After a week of classes they presented a dance demonstration on Friday, July 29.
Norfolk Dance Association chairman Ilse Chant said: 'It was a very successful summer school.
'I felt the young people learned a lot and had a good experience.' She said: 'Rachael Hunt, formerly of the English National Ballet School, kept them on their toes with ballet classes and pointe workshops.
You may also want to watch:
'West End choreographer Sam Spencer-Lane put them through their paces with musical theatre numbers from West Side Story and School of Rock.
'The dancers also had classes in jazz and contemporary dance.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 8 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 9 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 10 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
'The week ended with a demonstration for parents of the dancers' work.'
The Norfolk Dance Association is now in its 34th year and next year's summer school is planned to start on July 24 2016 at City Academy Norwich.
For more information about Norfolk Dance Association visit www.norfolkdanceassociation.co.uk
Do you have a Norwich arts story?
Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com