Young performers show off their dance skills at Norwich summer school
- Credit: Steve Adams
From jazz to ballet to musical theatre numbers - young dancers took centre stage to celebrate all they had learned at a special summer school in Norwich.
Seventy-five young people aged eight to 18 took part in Norfolk Dance Association's 2016 summer school at City Academy Norwich.
After a week of classes they presented a dance demonstration on Friday, July 29.
Norfolk Dance Association chairman Ilse Chant said: 'It was a very successful summer school.
'I felt the young people learned a lot and had a good experience.' She said: 'Rachael Hunt, formerly of the English National Ballet School, kept them on their toes with ballet classes and pointe workshops.
'West End choreographer Sam Spencer-Lane put them through their paces with musical theatre numbers from West Side Story and School of Rock.
'The dancers also had classes in jazz and contemporary dance.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 5 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 6 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 7 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
'The week ended with a demonstration for parents of the dancers' work.'
The Norfolk Dance Association is now in its 34th year and next year's summer school is planned to start on July 24 2016 at City Academy Norwich.
For more information about Norfolk Dance Association visit www.norfolkdanceassociation.co.uk
Do you have a Norwich arts story?
Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com