Search on for youth delegate at nature conference
- Credit: James Bass
The hunt is on for a young person who will represent a coastal area of outstanding beauty scheme at a national conference and help improve youth participation in the nature project.
The Norfolk Coast Partnership, responsible for the area of outstanding natural beauty stretching from King's Lynn to Winterton, is looking for a delegate aged between 16 and 30 to attend the EUROPARC Conference, a key event for protected areas.
The focus will be on what specially designated places like the Norfolk Coast can learn from young people and what changes need to be made to manage protected areas for future generations.
The conference will draw participants from all over Europe and takes place in the Cairngorms National Park, Scotland, from September 18 to 21.
The Norfolk Coast youth delegate will be selected through an application process and will report back to the partnership and also provide a report on their ideas for increasing youth participation and representation in managing the area of outstanding beauty.
You may also want to watch:
A youth manifesto will be launched as part of the three-day conference, and there will be a full programme of workshops, meetings and field trips.
Brian Long, chairman of the Norfolk Coast Partnership, said: 'One of my most important goals is to get the engagement and involvement of younger people in what happens within the area of outstanding natural beauty and the shores of the Norfolk coast.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
Estelle Hook, Norfolk Coast Partnership manager, said: 'This is an exciting opportunity for a young person who cares about the coast to find out more about the challenges and opportunities of looking after it – and to put forward some of their own and others' new ideas for the future.'
'We are looking for someone committed, curious and lively to represent us at the conference. You don't necessarily have to live in the area, but you do need to have a genuine interest in and passion for the coast, and want to look after it. You will also be able to listen, take notes and report back to our partnership.'
Travel, accommodation and conference costs will be met for delegate. Full details on the application process, which will be by a short video pitch, are at norfolkcoastaonb.org.uk
Deadline for applications is August 27.