Young Norwich City fan to be banned indefinitely for abusing QPR supporters in disabled area of away stand
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2010
A young Norwich City fan is to be banned 'indefinitely' by the club for abusing supporters in the disabled area of the away stand.
The club said the incident took place on Wednesday night during City's Championship clash against Queens Park Rangers at Carrow Road.
A Norwich City spokesman said the fan was a season ticket holder and is described as a 'young man'.
The spokesman added: 'He was ejected on Wednesday night for abusing QPR fans in the disabled area of the South Stand and his season ticket was retained.
'Following an investigation [by the club] he will be banned indefinitely.'
You may also want to watch:
It is understood that the former season ticket holder, who has not been named, has the right to appeal against the ban.
The spokesman said: 'All abuse is unacceptable and if the club is satisfied that someone has behaved in an abusive way to any supporter or member of staff, they face ejection [from the stadium] and a possible ban.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash