Young Norfolk performers are invited to take part in showcase at Open venue
Young performers from across Norfolk are being invited to perform in a performing arts showcase at Open in Norwich.
Performers aged from 13-25 will have the chance to perform to a panel of industry experts, take part in masterclasses in their chosen field and find out more about performance opportunities across the county. The 'somewhereto_' showcase will be held between midday and 3.30pm on Thursday, June 7 at the Bank Plain venue.
Guidance will be given to all the performers and masterclasses will be held for budding actors, writers and performance poets, as part of the Creative Arts East project.
Natalie Jode, executive director at Creative Arts East, said: 'The showcases are designed to provide local young performers with constructive advice and guidance from a panel of arts industry professionals.
'We hope to be able to broker more performance opportunities for young people in Norfolk during this Olympic year as part of the 2012-inspired somewhereto_ project.'
You may also want to watch:
For further details and how to apply, go to www.creativeartseast.co.uk or call Creative Arts East on 01953 713390.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads