Young Norfolk Arts Festival reveals first wave of events for 2016 arts extravaganza
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
From a fundraising fashion show to a retelling of the story of Rumpelstiltskin, there is lots in store for audiences at this year's Young Norfolk Arts Festival.
The annual event celebrating the arts and young people is now in its fourth year and has revealed the first acts for this year's festival which will run from July 1 to 10. As part of the Lord Mayor's Celebrations, on July 2 Mahogany Opera Group, Norfolk Music Hub and The Wharf Academy will present The Rattler, a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin combining music, storytelling and puppetry. There will be a fundraising Fashion Show by Norwich School pupils at OPEN on June 30, and The Garage is presenting a music night at the UEA's LCR on July 8. Norfolk Children's Book Festival will be at Norwich Cathedral on July 5 meanwhile there will also be a Young Norfolk Arts/Garage stage at the Royal Norfolk Show.
YNAF will celebrate Norwich hosting this year's British Art Show with a takeover event at Norwich Castle on July 9 and a Paint Out event between July 13 and 15. Aspiring poets and songwriters can take part in a competition which has a special prize-giving on July 8 at Writers' Centre Norwich.
Young Norfolk Arts producer Lucy Farrant said: 'We are really excited there is such a wide range of interesting events and opportunities for young people to take part in during this year's festival. Even more exciting events will be announced soon.'
Visit www.ynaf.org.uk and follow @YN_AF on Twitter.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 4 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 5 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 6 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 9 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 10 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough