Man in teens dies in unexplained ‘industrial incident’
A man in his late teens died in a reported industrial incident in a Norfolk village, police have confirmed.
The man died on Saturday afternoon from an unexplained cause, in an incident which saw police, the fire service, and the ambulance service called to the scene.
The man, who was in his late teens, died on the scene at Thorpe Row, Shipdham, near Dereham.
Police said they arrived at the scene after 5pm, following reports of an industrial incident and that the man’s death is being treated as unexplained at this stage.
In a statement, Norfolk Constabulary said: “Officers from Norfolk Police are currently working with colleagues from the Health and Safety Executive to establish the circumstances leading up to the man’s death and a file will be prepared for the coroner ahead of an inquest which will take place in due course.”
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance arrived on the scene at about 4.50pm, followed by the fire service and police, who arrived approximately half an hour later.
- 1 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 2 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 5 School forced to close for Christmas early due to Covid cases
- 6 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 7 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 8 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 More than 1,500 homes and school planned for land alongside NDR