Man in teens dies in unexplained ‘industrial incident’
A man in his late teens died in a reported industrial incident in a Norfolk village, police have confirmed.
The man died on Saturday afternoon from an unexplained cause, in an incident which saw police, the fire service, and the ambulance service called to the scene.
The man, who was in his late teens, died on the scene at Thorpe Row, Shipdham, near Dereham.
Police said they arrived at the scene after 5pm, following reports of an industrial incident and that the man’s death is being treated as unexplained at this stage.
In a statement, Norfolk Constabulary said: “Officers from Norfolk Police are currently working with colleagues from the Health and Safety Executive to establish the circumstances leading up to the man’s death and a file will be prepared for the coroner ahead of an inquest which will take place in due course.”
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance arrived on the scene at about 4.50pm, followed by the fire service and police, who arrived approximately half an hour later.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 6 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
- 7 Police called to reports of young men climbing up crane in Norwich
- 8 Water outages hit homes across city
- 9 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road