Young gymnasts show balance and poise at annual gala in Watton
- Credit: Ian Burt
Young gymnasts were bending over backwards in their aim to be crowned winners in a sports gala.
The annual Wayland Gymnastics Gala saw children from Watton, Swaffham and surrounding villages perform routines and show off their skills to family and friends while competing against each other.
The children aged three to 13 are all taught by Jane Rose, who has run gymnastics classes in the area for 18 years and organises the gala as a showcase for her pupils.
Competing for prizes were members of Ms Rose's classes at Ashill Primary and Caston Primary Schools and Wayland Academy.
The coveted title of gymnast of the year went to Jessica Kilpatrick, 11, from Shipdham.
Others were commended for their efforts in class over the past year including Abigail Downing, Harrison Downing and Kyra Travers from the Caston class and Pria Patel, Asha Patel and Katie Johnson from the Ashill class.
Penny Travers, Caston Primary School governor, said: 'It was a really good afternoon. The kids all seemed to enjoy it. The hall was packed with parents coming to support them.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
'We don't get many chances to see what the other school groups do so it was nice to see that.
'The little kids took inspiration from the bigger ones. There was a good range of ages there and plenty of boys and girls.'
Have you or your child had a sports achievement? Email email@example.com