You’re the only Obi-Wan for me! Star Wars couple to say I-do (D2) on May 4 wedding
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
For Star Wars fan Andy Luke, she was the Obi-Wan for him.
And the force will be with Mr Luke and fiancée Shelley Locker when they TIE the knot later this year, with the groom donning his Stormtrooper outfit to say I-do (D2)...
The wedding is due to take place at Norwich Castle on one of the biggest days in the calendar for Star Wars fans – May the fourth.
Mr Luke, 50, said: 'It will be an extra special day for us and an easy one to remember.'
The product manager who lives with Miss Locker, and children Leia, four, and Anya, two, at Netherwood Green in Lakenham, said the couple, who have both previously been married, both wanted to make it a day with a difference.
He said: 'She's convinced me to wear my armour. In fairness, if Shelley wasn't up for it I wouldn't push it. I wouldn't want her to feel pressured to go along with it but to be honest she's been as up for it as me – it's been a very good match.
'It's been great – finding someone who's a great match – it's been a new lease of life.'
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 4 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 5 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 6 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 7 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
Miss Locker, 42, a training consultant, said she would not be in Star Wars costume for their big day but was more than happy that her husband-to-be was.
She said: 'We've both been married before and when you're younger you tend to do the wedding for everyone else and what everyone else expects you to do.
'But we thought this time it's what we want. He turned around and said if I was serious about wearing his Stormtrooper outfit he would do it. I think it's great – it will save buying a new suit. He's dreamed, since he was a kid, of being a Stormtrooper.'
After getting himself kitted out Mr Luke, who met his fiancée about eight years ago while they were working for printer firm Canon, discovered the Norwich Star Wars Club UK – which the couple have both since joined.
They hope other members of the club will be able to attend the wedding, which falls on a Wednesday. They will be holding a reception on the Saturday for those that cannot attend.
Have you got an unusual wedding story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org