You Me At Six announced as final headliner for Sundown Festival 2017
- Credit: Archant
British band You Me At Six are the final act to be announced as a headliner for this year's Sundown Festival.
The five piece join a massive line-up that features acts such as Craig David, Pendulum, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Giggs and X Factor winner Louisa Johnson.
Fresh from the launch of their fifth album, Night People, and a huge UK tour that saw them perform in Norwich last month, You Me At Six will be heading for Sundown to give one of their trademark high energy sets.
Lead singer, Josh Franceschi, said: 'Norwich has a special place in my heart particularly because it's where my mum went to university at UEA and I was brought up on the war stories of her time there.
'We originally had an exclusive deal with Reading and Leeds that we wouldn't play any other festivals this summer in England, but the offer came up and the opportunity to play Norwich was one we really didn't want to turn down.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We're looking forward to being a part of it. It's not necessarily the line-up that you would partner You Me At Six with, but that's the beauty of music, there isn't really a rule book for this sort of stuff.'
The Sundown Festival takes place from September 1-3 and this year is set to be 'bigger and better than ever' according to organisers.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
Some 40,000 people attended the music extravaganza last year, where headliners included Jason Derulo, Chase and Status and Years & Years.
Previous years have also seen appearances from Rudimental, Tinie Tempah, Sigala and Labrinth.
Other acts confirmed for 2017 include Wiley, Kurupt FM, AJ Tracey, Raye, Tom Greenan, John Newman, Stefflon Don, Younger, Zak Abel, Hannah Wants, Disciples, Camo & Krooked, Metrik, Jaguar Skills, Low Steppa and Skream.
Tickets for the event are on sale now. Prices start at £41.50 for a day ticket and rise to £110 for a weekend festival pass with camping.
For more information visit sundownfestival.co.uk