You can scale Norwich Castle’s walls for the first time this weekend
As if abseiling down one of the city's most iconic buildings was not nerve wracking enough - a group are doing it in fancy dress.
A team of five members of staff from the Norfolk Museums Service will be taking on the challenge for Cancer Research UK.
The event will mark the first time members of the public have scaled the walls of Norwich Castle.
Abseiling down the building on Saturday, the fearless five are taking the opportunity to celebrate the castle's original builders.
Calling themselves the Norman Knights, Holly Bessell, Olive Edis, Elizabeth Elmore, Sam Johns, Dan Robertson and Miranda Rowlands will be taking the plunge at around 10.30am.
They will be wearing outfits from Norwich Castle's learning department replica costume store.
Miranda Rowlands, a member of the Norman Knights group, said: 'As we all work for Norfolk Museums Service, we enthusiastically grasped the opportunity to take part in such an exciting event happening right here, at our workplace.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 7 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 8 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
'We're also all really passionate about supporting Cancer Research UK because cancer is a disease that affects all of us, whether directly or indirectly, at some point in our lives. We want to raise lots of money to help this great organisation achieve their target of accelerating progress to beat cancer sooner.'
The team have already beaten their £1500 target, having raised £1700 ahead of Saturday's event.
- To sponsor the group, visit: https://www.justgiving.com/teams/normanknights
- If you have a news story about a group raising money for charity, email email@example.com