Yorkshire monk to spend a week at St Mary’s Church in Attleborough
- Credit: �Archant Photographic 2008
A monk from Yorkshire will be a special guest at St Mary's Church in Attleborough.
Friar Thomas Seville from the Community of the Resurrection in Mirfield, West Yorkshire, will spend next week at the church for Holy Week, in the lead-up to Easter.
Fr Seville will be preaching every day and getting involved with other church activities.
The Revd Matthew Jackson, Rector of Attleborough, said: 'The Mirfield Community help to appoint a parish priest for Attleborough and we value their prayer and support, so it will be good to be accompanied by one of the brethren through this most special week.'
On Palm Sunday - April 9 - worshippers will walk along Church Street with palm branches and crosses, and on Sunday evening there will be a 'come-and-sing' performance of John Stainer's 'The Crucifixion' from 6.30pm. Admission is free, and visitors also welcome to sing in the choir.
You may also want to watch:
This starts at 4pm for a rehearsal, and singers should dress in dark clothes and bring £5 for score hire and tea.
The church will host special services and events every day next week, including a 'children's story time' event in partnership with Attleborough library.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
There will be stories, crafts and refreshments between 2pm and 3.30pm.
For more details visit www.attleboroughchurch.org.uk