YMCA Norfolk holding sponsored sleep out to raise awareness of homelessness
- Credit: YMCA Norfolk
People can experience homelessness for one night and raise charity funds at a sponsored sleep out.
YMCA Norfolk is holding its eighth annual Sleep Easy fundraiser on the Norwich School grounds from 7pm on March 9 until 7am the following morning.
It uses the event, part of the YMCA's national Sleep Easy Week (March 9 to 16), to tackle the problem of youth homelessness.
This year's Sleep Easy event will have a Star Wars theme and people taking part can dress up in Star Wars outfits.
Money raised will go towards accommodation, counselling support and positive activities to help young people reach their potential.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Sweeting, YMCA Norfolk chief executive, said: 'We are calling on people to help us support young people - one night out can make a lifetime of difference.'
To register for the Sleep Easy event with YMCA Norfolk contact Judy Bailey on email@example.com or visit www.ymcanorfolk.org/events/sleepeasy
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash