New charity shop opens in Anglia Square
- Credit: YMCA England and Wales
A major new charity shop has opened in Anglia Square in Norwich.
YMCA England and Wales officially opened a new shop on Thursday, June 7.
Lisa Aldous, shop manager, and Tim Sweeting, YMCA Norfolk CEO, held the ribbon as John Rockliff, a current YMCA Norfolk trustee, gave a short speech and officially declared the store open.
The Norwich store opening was supported by YMCA Simon Green, head of retail, employees and volunteers from across Norfolk.
Money raised in these stores through the sale of donated goods is used to help transform the lives of young people across 700 communities.
You may also want to watch:
There is currently a section of clothing and shoes from Wimbledon available at discount prices for tennis fans.
To find out about volunteering or to make a donation of good quality clothing, books, CDs or furniture, drop in or give the shop a call on 01603 765968.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 9 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 10 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'