Yawning mother fox at dusk named crowned Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
An exhausted mother fox, bearing its sharp teeth on a busy street has been made the Journal's Picture of the Week.
The image was captured by amateur photographer, Richard Tomsett in Lowestofton his Canon 1DXmk2.
Mr Tomsett said: 'As I was loading my camera and tripod into the car to go home I noticed the fox walking along the road towards me so I laid flat on the road and waited for it to get closer.
'To my amazement it stopped about 10 metres from me, sat down and did a huge yawn.
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace