Yarmouth’s Hindu temple to open for Heritage Open Days on Sunday with summer fair
- Credit: Archant
India and its authentic rainbow of colours and tastes will emanate from the Acle Straight on Sunday amid the windmills and grazing animals.
The Hindu temple is staging a summer fair, and adding to the Heritage Open Day programme.
From 12pm to 4pm visitors can enjoy a rich, colourful celebration of British Indian Culture.
Highlights include freshly cooked Indian food, henna painting, Bollywood music and dance and live Indian cooking workshops.
The summer fair is the latest in as string of events staged by the Vedic and Cultural Society of East Anglia in a bid to open the temple to the community.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the year the Holi Festival of Colours drew people of all faiths to the waterside spot, formerly a pub and restaurant.
There is free entry and free parking.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 8 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
It is billed as the temple's biggest fundraising event of the year.