Yarmouth’s Haven Bridge to close for two months of essential repairs
Haven Bridge will be closed to vehicles overnight for two months - starting this Monday - while essential repairs are carried out.
Work on the Great Yarmouth bridge will take place from 7pm to 7am from Monday, February 6 until Monday, April 2.
Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout the duration of the works.
The �200,000 works will see a new timber road deck installed on the north-west lanes.
Vehicles are to be diverted across Breydon Bridge.
Great Yarmouth Port Company has organised the work, which is being carried out by EastPort UK on behalf of Norfolk County Council.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 4 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 9 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 10 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'