Yarmouth PR agency celebrate as clients pick up awards
- Credit: Archant
A Great Yarmouth-based PR, marketing and design agency is celebrating two clients winning Business of the Year awards on the same night in two counties.
EPIC International and Ivy House Country Hotel, both clients of TMS Media, each won the overall trophy at their respective award ceremonies in Norfolk and Suffolk.
EPIC International, an offshore engineering company that employs up to 100 people from its Yarmouth base, was named Business of the Year in the enterpriseGY Spirit of Enterprise Awards at Yarmouth Town Hall last Friday.
Across the border in Suffolk at the same time, Ivy House Country Hotel was named Business of the Year in the Lowestoft and Waveney Chamber of Commerce Awards, at the gala event hosted by the Oulton Broad Hotel.
Earlier in the evening, EPIC International, set up 15 years ago by managing director Dave Rowan, had also scooped the Spirit of Enterprise Great Engineering/Manufacturing Business and Great New Business Idea awards.
Meanwhile, Ivy House Country Hotel was presented with the chamber's Business Investment Award for the £1.6m injected into refurbishing the 20-bedroom hotel, building Ivy Hall and Eve's Bar by owner biochemist and entrepreneur Dr Adrian Parton.
TMS Media managing director Steve Scott said targeted award entries was an important element of the companies' PR strategies to shape and raise profiles of both businesses in their communities and respective industries.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
He said: 'EPIC and Ivy House are two very different businesses operating in very separate arenas, both with impressive achievements, which we believed the community and their industries should know about.
'We have been working closely with them to shape media coverage for their projects, business values and ambitions as well as seeking out other PR opportunities. Community and industry awards are an increasingly important part of the PR mix.
'We are delighted their efforts were recognised concurrently on the same night, even though it presented some logistical difficulties!'
TMS Media has worked with regional, national and international businesses for 26 years, offering PR, design, website development and exhibitions and event design and construction.
TMS Media clients include the East of England Energy Group, Fred. Olsen Windcarrier, the East of England Energy Zone, Pier Hotel, Gorleston; OrbisEnergy and Great Yarmouth Tourism.