Yarmouth energy group 3sun eyes Denmark expansion
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Great Yarmouth-based energy services firm 3sun is mounting a recruitment drive in Denmark in a bid to bolster its European footprint.
The firm wants to grow its Danish arm in the harbour area of Esbjerg after launching the operation in June 2013 with an aim of tapping into the region's 20,000 skilled technicians working in the offshore wind industry.
The pledge follows a key year for the business, which secured major contract wins with MHI Vestas and Siemens, and a £10m cash-injection from the Business Growth Fund.
Graham Hacon, chief executive, said: 'As we continue to grow globally, it is important that we remain strategically placed within the European market.
'Our premises in Esbjerg allow us to advance our strategic growth plans through investment in people,
You may also want to watch:
ensuring we continue to exceed
our customers' expectations and meet the demand for services in the region.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
The 3sun Group employs 300 people across five divisions. In October 2013, it announced that it would take on 80 new staff at its Yarmouth and Aberdeen bases as it looked to break through the £25m turnover mark by the end of 2014.
Mr Hacon added: 'In order to further develop our presence in Denmark, we are committed to employing and developing a local workforce.
'Our experienced technician base deliver the best possible service for clients and we are excited to extend this in the region, whilst also offering our specialist technical knowledge across an international platform.'
The company appointed Les Dawson to its board of directors in March last year to help drive forward its ambitious growth plans. 3sun was shortlisted in the business development and business of year categories at the Eastern Daily Press business awards held in November.
Do you have a business story for the EDP? Contact business editor Ben Woods on 01603 772426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org