Yarmouth band to hit the screens of Europe’s film festivals with new video
- Credit: Archant
An established Yarmouth indie rock band are gearing up for the launch of their new single - with the video introduced to film festivals across Europe.
Five-piece group Rivers have been performing locally for around 15 years, and estimate they have played hundreds of shows at pubs, festivals, on TV and the radio.
Their music has been used on TV programs, in theatre shows and in advertising.
Now, they're getting ready to release their new single, Clouds, which has a whole raft of local connections - from the production company to the clothing in the video.
The video for Clouds has been directed and produced by independent Norwich-based studio Formulated Films.
You may also want to watch:
Rivers drummer Jack Pascall said: 'The video has a modern day Romeo and Juliet feel about it, and is very powerful.
'The film has been introduced to all the major short film festivals across Europe and should be used by MTV/Kerrang and other music outlets.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
Continuing with the Norfolk feel, the single was recorded and produced through Ashwood Studios in Norwich, and is to be released through their publishing company Ashwood Music Publishing Ltd.
Plus funding for the video and clothing came from entrepreneur Adam Blythe, from clothing store Never Be Famous in Sheringham. The brand are also set to open a store in Yarmouth soon.
Jack, 29, said the whole band were really excited, and although they had had a single before, this time a professional production company had been involved.
Rivers are set to perform their new single live on BBC Radio Norfolk on Saturday September 3, at 10am.
For more information, see www.rivers-music.co.uk