X marks the spot for fashionable fundraiser in aid of East Coast Hospice
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Secondhand style will go up against supermarket chic when East Coast Hospice (ECH) hosts a fun fashion show.
Staff from Sainsbury's and volunteers from ECH will sashay down the catwalk when they model for a charity fundraiser on Saturday (May 16).
The Fashion X event is being held at the grand Masonic Royal Assembly Rooms in Albert Square on Yarmouth seafront, with money raised going towards ECH's plan to build an independent 10-bed hospice on the outskirts of Gorleston.
The decorative Masonic Lodge, with its royal blue decor and fine furnishings, will provide a fancy background for models who will be wearing fashions hand-picked from ECH charity shops and clothing from Sainsbury's Tu range.
There will be two catwalk shoes on the night, hosted by TV and radio presenter Helen McDermott.
Hair and make up will be styled by Gorleston's Fusion salon, accessories will come from Stella and Dot jewellery, Bubblegum Boutique in Yarmouth will bring vintage dresses, and Sophisticats will showcase evening wear.
As well as the catwalk show, there will be dozens of stalls and beauty therapies on offer, ranging from Neal's Yard organic skincare to the dermatological skin treatment of Facemapping from Beauty Matters.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 7 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 8 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
Jade Chapman, from Sainsbury's in Yarmouth, said the store was keen to get involved after naming ECH as their chosen charity of the year, adding that staff had listed friends and family to help model on the night.
Charity shop manager Jane Allen, who runs Gorleston High Street store, said: 'I've been with ECH for over a year I've loved every minute of it.
'I manage the shop in Gorleston and it's gone from strength to strength. Our customers are so generous with the donations they give us.'
And to cast off any lingering doubts that charity shops can't compete with high street fashion stores, Jane said they often have big brands from Superdry to Jacques Vert on the rails.
The charity makes most of its income from its seven charity shops and has plans to expand their number to 15 by the end of the year, with a new store just opened in Fuller's Hill and further afield in North Walsham and Cromer.
Fashion X starts at 7pm on May 16.
Tickets, £10 per person, are on sale at all East Coast Hospice charity shops, at Sainsbury's in St Nicholas Road, or from 01493 718707.
For more on the venue visit www.royalassemblyrooms.co.uk.