Wymondham toy company donates gifts to EACH
A Wymondham toy company has given children at a local hospice an early Christmas present by donating a selection of games.
Staff from Orchard Toys arrived at East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) centre in Quidenham, near Attleborough, yesterday to hand over the fun bundle.
The company has been a long-standing supporter of the charity having regularly promoted EACH in its literature and offers mail order and online customers the chance to make donations on top of their purchasers.
Simon Newbery, Orchard Toys managing director, said: 'We're happy to help EACH raise much needed funds throughout the year with the support of our customers.
'However, at Christmas, we wanted to give the children the chance to enjoy playing with some of our games and puzzles and it is our privilege to be able to provide them with this opportunity.'
EACH provides support for life-threatened children and their families. The new games will be used by play specialists at the hospice to boost youngsters' confidence and build relationships in a bid to help them cope with their experiences.
Claire Baker, EACH play specialist, said: 'Orchard Toy games are educational and fun and will be a valuable addition to the work we already do. They'll be used by children we care for as well as their siblings.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 6 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 7 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
For more information about EACH, visit www.each.org.uk