Wymondham toy company donates gifts to EACH
A Wymondham toy company has given children at a local hospice an early Christmas present by donating a selection of games.
Staff from Orchard Toys arrived at East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) centre in Quidenham, near Attleborough, yesterday to hand over the fun bundle.
The company has been a long-standing supporter of the charity having regularly promoted EACH in its literature and offers mail order and online customers the chance to make donations on top of their purchasers.
Simon Newbery, Orchard Toys managing director, said: 'We're happy to help EACH raise much needed funds throughout the year with the support of our customers.
'However, at Christmas, we wanted to give the children the chance to enjoy playing with some of our games and puzzles and it is our privilege to be able to provide them with this opportunity.'
You may also want to watch:
EACH provides support for life-threatened children and their families. The new games will be used by play specialists at the hospice to boost youngsters' confidence and build relationships in a bid to help them cope with their experiences.
Claire Baker, EACH play specialist, said: 'Orchard Toy games are educational and fun and will be a valuable addition to the work we already do. They'll be used by children we care for as well as their siblings.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
For more information about EACH, visit www.each.org.uk