Wymondham telecoms firm takes on new apprentices
Wymondham-based APR Telecoms has taken on two new apprentices as it celebrates a fifth consecutive year of growth.
The company, which is in its 19th year of trading, has enjoyed its fifth consecutive year of growth despite difficult trading conditions.
Following from National Apprenticeship Week in February, the directors chose to employ two apprentices to help with an increasing workload and to help cover maternity leave.
Catherine Bussey, of Eaton Rise, Norwich, and Maria Lines, from Hawthorne Close, Wymondham, both aged 17, joined the firm on Monday and are working towards their level-two business administration qualification.
They will spend the year experiencing all aspects of the business and working in all departments including service, sales and accounts.
The appointment of the apprentices comes as the business, which employs 24 people, celebrates another successful year.
Managing director Andy Rackham said: 'In my opinion, if you work hard enough, business is out there. It is harder to win but it's out there. We have increased our marketing and have seen positive results.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
'We have resisted dropping prices but we are offering customers more for the money they spend.'