Wymondham teen reaches final of national modelling competition
A Wymondham teenager will be taking to the catwalk this month in a bid to be crowned the winner of a national modelling competition.
Amber Harrold, 14, has made it through to the grand final of the Teen Model of the Year contest run by the Kerri Parker Model Academy, based in Norwich.
The Wymondham High School student is just one of 20 youngsters out of a thousand entrants to make it through to the event being held in the city on November 20.
Up for grabs is a top prize worth thousands of pounds including a professional website, calendar shoot, hair salon vouchers, a makeover and model training.
On hearing she had been placed in the final, Amber said: 'I was really excited but really nervous as well. It's nerve-wracking getting up on stage.'
The shy teenager, who joined the academy a year ago, has taken part in a number of photoshoots and has modelled dresses at wedding fairs.
She said her experiences so far have raised her confidence and helped bring out her personality.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash
'Modelling is something I always really wanted to do. I just have so much fun. It's also good for my confidence. A lot of it is about personality and not just looks,' she added.
Amber hopes to pursue modelling at a career but also intends on studying for qualifications in hairdressing once she leaves school.