Wymondham sisters open beauty salon in Hethersett
Three sisters from Wymondham have opened a beauty salon in Hethersett.
Lyndsey Gonzalez, 25, Kim Easton, 21, and Vicki Holt, 27, who all live in Wymondham, have opened the Beauty Shed in Norwich Road, Hethersett.
Mrs Gonzalez runs the business while her sister Kim has her own treatment room and Vicki works part time on reception.
Mrs Gonzalez, who has a seven-month-old daughter, Sophia, has worked in the industry since she was 14, when she had her first taste of work experience at a spa in a local hotel.
She studied for her NVQ levels 2 and 3 at City College Norwich, where she was student of the year. She worked in two Wymondham salons before returning to the college where she became a qualified assessor, working with beauty therapy students.
'It has always been my dream to open my own salon,' she said. 'We provide affordable luxury.'
'There's always a reason to put off starting your own business. I have a young baby and the economic climate is tough but I just decided to go for it.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 5 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 9 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 10 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
Mrs Gonzalez used her savings to launch the business.
She did not think twice about recruiting her two sisters to join her on the new venture.
'We all get on well so it's great that we all work together. The business is family orientated – everything from the start has involved my family.
My parents looked after Sophia so I could work and my husband, Dan, and brother-in-law, Rob, helped with the renovation.'
The Beauty Shed will be holding open days on Friday, August 24 and Saturday, August 25, from 10am-4pm.
Do you know someone who is starting their own business? Call Lucy Wright on 01603 772439 or email email@example.com