Wymondham set to host first ever Pride event
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Norfolk market town could soon follow in the footsteps of the world's biggest cities by hosting its very own pride event.
Wymondham Pride is set to have its first event on Saturday September 14, under the name Wymondham Rainbow Day to reflect the family vibe organisers are hoping to create.
Jan Kyzinger, who recently moved from Camden to Wymondham, is heading up a team of volunteers to organise the event, which is set to include live music, stand-up comedy, games and entertainment.
Ms Kyzinger said: 'An events like this can go a long way to breaking down prejudice in rural areas and encourage people to be more open minded.
'It's about bringing awareness and community spirit together to change fear to courage and help people feel more comfortable.'
You may also want to watch:
A meeting will be held from 3pm – 6pm on Wednesday, February 13 at The Green Dragon pub on Church Street, with anyone interested in getting involved welcome.
For more information contact Wymondhampride@mail.com.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road