Wymondham physiotherapist braves charity abseil to boost support for stroke victims
- Credit: Archant
A physiotherapist from Wymondham braved a daunting abseil to raise funds to support those who have suffered strokes.
Alison Bean, who now lives in Portsmouth, said she was inspired to take on the challenge after working with those coping with the effects of strokes.
'I work with people who have a stroke and see how important the work the Stroke Association do is.
'An email was sent round asking if anyone wanted to do it so I just thought I'd give it a go,' she said.
Despite not being fazed by heights, the 24-year-old said she had a moment of doubt at the top of the 170-metre tower.
You may also want to watch:
'I was more scared than I thought I was going to be. I thought I would be fine but when I got to the top and saw how high it was it was scarier than I expected.
'It was scary but exciting at the same time,' she said.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
So far she has raised more than £400 - and hopes to give the final total a last minute boost.
'Our patients get a lot of support from the association alongside what the NHS are able to offer. It is mainly social support like adaptive furniture and it is so important to them' she said.
The Stroke Association offers support and advice to the 152,000 people who suffer strokes each year.
• To donate, click here or text STRK66 to 70070.
• Do you have a Wymondham story for us? Contact reporter Lauren Cope on firstname.lastname@example.org