Wymondham Nature Group to host illustrated talk on Tanazanian laboratory work
- Credit: Archant
A scientist from the John Innes Centre will give an illustrated talk to Wymondham Nature Group about laboratory work in Tanzania.
Earlier this year, Dr Anne Edwards and her colleagues organised a workshop on plant science which was held at the Nelson Mandela African Insitute of Science and Technology in Arusha, Tanzania.
The workshop brought together scientists and students from 10 different countries and focussed on the challenges of producing enough food and medicine to sustain growing populations in a changing climate.
Sub-Saharan Africa faces the greatest challenges in this regard, and as such, research is particularly important in the likes of Tanzania.
Dr Edwards' talk will illustrate the highs and lows of conducting laboratory work in this beautiful but threatened country.
You may also want to watch:
The talk will take place at the Town Green Centre in Wymondham at 7.30pm on Thursday December 14. Admission is £2.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge