Morrisons supermarket to be given refit
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A Morrisons supermarket is to given a facelift – less than four years after it first opened.
The national supermarket chain opened the 'medium-sized' store in Postmill Close, off Norwich Road, Wymondham, in August 2014.
Its arrival initially received mixed reviews in the town, with anticipation of its benefits tempered with concerns about the effects on independent businesses.
Market traders in Wymondham have said the competition with Morrisons has been a challenge, but the store has also brought around 200 jobs to the area.
Now the supermarket is to get what it calls 'fresh look' refit which will include a doubling of the store's Free From range, a new home and cook range and an extension of the children's NUTMEG clothing range.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a make your own pizza area.
The store's relaunch is due to take place on Thursday, June 28, with staff hoping Wymondham's mayor will cut the ribbon.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden