Wymondham men charged after incident involving teenage boy
Two men from Wymondham have been charged with a series of offences following an incident involving a teenage boy in the town on Sunday afternoon.
Shamus Johnston, 20, and a 16-year-old youth, were charged on Monday evening and appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court yesterday.
Johnston was charged with rape, false imprisonment, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and having a firearm or imitation firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at his first hearing at Norwich Crown Court on July 19.
The 16-year-old male, who can not be named for legal reasons, was charged with false imprisonment and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
He was bailed and will also appear for his first hearing at Norwich Crown Court on July 19.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?