Wymondham man targeted by egg-throwing vandals
- Credit: Archant
A man has spoken of his anger after vandals pelted his home and car with eggs before damaging his car door.
Adrian Mansfield was at home with his family on Wednesday, January 2 when he was disturbed by noise outside.
The father-of-two, who lives in Beech Close, said: 'I was at home when I heard a crash at the window. I went out to the garden and saw eggs all over my house.'
The following morning Mr Mansfield found the door had been kicked on his egg-splattered Alfa Romeo.
The 41-year-old, who describes his car as his 'pride and joy', said: 'They had thrown about four eggs on my car and about seven at my house.
You may also want to watch:
'It's going to cost around £700 to fix my car. I don't see why I should have to claim on my insurance. I don't see why I should have to pay.'
Mr Mansfield, a team leader at Lotus, said when he called the police to report the crime, they said they had received similar egg-related complaints.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
A spokesman from Norfolk Constabulary said: 'We are currently investigating two incidents in Wymondham, one of damage to a car and eggs being thrown at a property on Beech Close on the evening of Wednesday, January 2, and the other of the theft of a large quantity of eggs from a stall on Cavick Road during the day on Wednesday, January 2.'
Two 16-year-old boys from Wymondham have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and theft in relation to these incidents and have been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
A 15-year-old boy from Wymondham has been spoken to by police regarding egg throwing and inquiries are ongoing, with a view to dealing with any offences through Restorative Justice.