Wymondham is set to shine this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The town centre of Wymondham is set to shine brighter than ever this Christmas.
The group Light Up Wymondham has an ambitious plan to expand the public Christmas lights display to Church Street, Fairland Street and Lime Tree Avenue.
Karen Claydon, the group's fundraiser, said the scheme would cost £6,000, half of which had already been funded by a grant from the town council.
Mr Claydon said the display would also include 65 small Christmas trees, which have all been sponsored by residents for £5 each.
She said: 'The council very kindly agreed to grant us half the funds we need.
You may also want to watch:
'We are hoping to create something really special for the people of Wymondham.' To find out more, call 01953 604385. Donations can be made to Light Up Wymondham's bank account at HSBC Wymondham, sort code 40-35-09, account number 34101545.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled