Wymondham gears up for Diamond Jubilee celebrations
Plans are in full swing in Wymondham with a day of activities proposed to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this summer.
A host of events are being organised in the south Norfolk town on Saturday, June 2 including a parade, beer festival, street party, and Olde English Fayre.
A committee of people, pulled from a variety of local organisations, has been brought together and is being led by Wymondham Lions member Daniel Cox.
Mr Cox said: 'We are aiming to make the event a fun day for residents of all ages. I'm sure everyone has nostalgic memories of previous jubilees and the committee has been working hard to make this jubilee a day to remember with entertainment and fun for everyone.'
The Jubilee celebrations will commence with a trip down memory lane with an antiques fair and auction, and classic and vintage cars in the Market Place. At midday, a parade from Town Green to the Market Place will signal the launch a street party for the town's children. Throughout the afternoon there will be a mix of entertainment from a variety of local organisations and a traditional 'Olde English Fayre'.
In addition to the activities centred around the Market Place there will be events around the town, including a free walk-in art workshop for families at Wymondham Arts Centre.
Mr Cox added: 'With a full day of celebrations, the town will be closed to through traffic from 8am until 5pm, and although disruption to businesses will be kept to a minimum, I apologise in advance for any inconvenience that might arise on the day. We are asking all businesses to help create a great atmosphere in the town with bunting and flags and a memorable occasion for the town.'
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 5 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 6 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 7 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 8 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 9 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 10 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
If you would like to assist with Wymondham's Diamond Jubilee celebrations, contact Daniel Cox at email@example.com or on 07771 544004.