Wymondham farmer’s grisly discovery as he finds sheep slaughtered on his land
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A farmer was greeted by a grisly sight when he found the stomachs and intestines of eight to 10 sheep illegally slaughtered on his property.
The farmer, who asked not to be named, said he suspected the six-month-old sheep were killed so their meat could be sold.
And the farmer said a similar slaughter happened on his farm, which is by the River Tiffey in the Wymondham area, last year.
He said: 'It's very annoying and frustrating.
'They were in prime condition.'
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the crime, which, happened some time between 11.30am on Saturday, October 14 and 5pm on Sunday, October 15.
The farmer said the culprits must have used a public footpath which runs through his land.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
He said: 'Most people use the footpath in good faith, but some don't and it's a great shame.'
Anyone with information should report it to the police on 101.