WDSG unveils new facilities for ninth birthday
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Wymondham Dementia Support Group (WDSG) celebrated their Pabulum Cafe's ninth birthday with an unveiling of new facilities and a visit from two miniature donkeys.
The group officially opened a new room in Fairland Church called the Pabulum Lounge, and revealed a newly installed lift to access the garden.
WDSG patron, Lady Philippa Dannatt MBE, cut the ribbons before visitors enjoyed cake and sparkling wine.
WDSG organiser Dianne Fernee, 66, said: 'Over the past 18 months we have been fundraising for a disabled platform for access between the church hall and garden.
'The church has a room in the back, which we've done up and it is now a much warmer and inviting place.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a bit manic but it was a good day and they all enjoyed themselves.'
The Pabulum Cafe provides a friendly meeting place for those with dementia, their carers and family members.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation