WDSG unveils new facilities for ninth birthday
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Wymondham Dementia Support Group (WDSG) celebrated their Pabulum Cafe's ninth birthday with an unveiling of new facilities and a visit from two miniature donkeys.
The group officially opened a new room in Fairland Church called the Pabulum Lounge, and revealed a newly installed lift to access the garden.
WDSG patron, Lady Philippa Dannatt MBE, cut the ribbons before visitors enjoyed cake and sparkling wine.
WDSG organiser Dianne Fernee, 66, said: 'Over the past 18 months we have been fundraising for a disabled platform for access between the church hall and garden.
'The church has a room in the back, which we've done up and it is now a much warmer and inviting place.
'It was a bit manic but it was a good day and they all enjoyed themselves.'
The Pabulum Cafe provides a friendly meeting place for those with dementia, their carers and family members.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages