Wymondham College celebrates triple boost
- Credit: Archant
The principal and staff at a college are celebrating a triple success after they were given the role of supporting schools in challenging circumstances and training new teachers.
Jonathan Taylor, principal at Wymondham College, is one of 90 headteachers appointed to the role of national leader of education and can now be sent to schools to provide leadership and support.
There are more than 1,100 national leaders of education appointed by the National College for Teaching and Leadership with the role said to deliver educational excellence everywhere to help raise standards.
The college has also been designated as a national support school meaning staff at the college will also provide support to other schools.
In a final boost, Wymondham College is one of more than 30 schools that have been selected to become a teaching school, taking a leading role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Taylor said: 'I am delighted that Wymondham College has been awarded teaching school status and that we are now designated as a national support school.
'These awards recognise the excellent work that college staff do on a daily basis. We look forward to further sharing this expertise with other schools across the region.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 10 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
Roger Pope, chairman of the National College for Teaching and Leadership, said: 'I'd like to congratulate Wymondham College and Jonathan Taylor on being designated as a teaching school and a national leader of education. They should be very proud of this achievement.
'Teaching schools and NLEs are at the heart of school improvement. They're supporting other schools, attracting and training the best new teachers and developing the next generation of leaders.
At NCTL, we want to do all we can to support their work. '
Are you celebrating an educational success? Email firstname.lastname@example.org