Wymondham College celebrates outstanding Ofsted
- Credit: Archant
The principal of a Norfolk college has told of his delight after it was graded outstanding by Ofsted.
Inspectors visited Wymondham College on November 12 and found that the provisions for boarders were outstanding.
They praised the facilities which are available to boarders at the school including a swimming pool, medical centre and gym.
They said pupils benefited from a wide range of sports clubs, and regular events in the academic calendar provided opportunities for boarders to take on key roles and responsibilities.
'Boarders relish being at the school and thoroughly enjoy the overall boarding experience.
You may also want to watch:
'One pupil said, 'I love this school, it's just the best spending this amount of time with your friends',' the report added.
The state boarding school has 1,281 pupils on its roll, including 626 who are boarders.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
The leadership at the college was found to be outstanding and the transition process which prepares students for boarding was described as exceptional.
The report said: 'The boarding aims and ethos are well established and promoted through daily practice.
'As a result, boarders are highly motivated, confident and thoroughly enjoy their boarding experience.'
Principal Melvyn Roffe said: 'We are obviously delighted to receive such a warm and ringing endorsement of what we do at Wymondham College.
'It is particularly good to see that the Ofsted inspectors recognised the part that the whole community here plays in helping our students achieve outstanding success.'
The report also commended the school's relationship with parents, with 96pc saying their child enjoyed boarding and felt safe.
To further improve, inspectors recommended that the college developed a system to deal with complaints.