Wymondham College celebrates opening of refurbished sports courts
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at Wymondham College are celebrating a refurbishment of the school's tennis and netball courts, which followed a £6,000 fundraising effort.
The Norwich Organ Donation Committee and the school's alumni association, the Old Wymondhamians, both made generous donations to the project, and the refurbished courts were opened at a ceremony last week.
Dr Tim Leary, lead clinician for Organ Donation East Anglia, was among the guests at the opening.
He said: 'We acknowledge and support the fantastic health benefits that regular exercise offers and are delighted to support this wonderful initiative.'
John Mewse, chairman of the alumni group, said: 'The Old Wymonhamians were delighted to support the refurbishment of the Tennis courts and help provide the pupils with updated facilities worthy of all the effort from staff and pupils alike.'
You may also want to watch:
Justin Smith, the college's marketing and development director, said: 'I'm thrilled with the transformation of our tennis and netball surfaces, they look absolutely fantastic.
'The financial support from Norwich Organ Donation and the Old Wymondhamians has made this possible, without their help delivering this initiative would have been a considerable challenge.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
'Thank you to both Tim and John for their personal commitment to improving the facilities and opportunities available to our students. I would also like to thank Gary Crook Powerwashing for his expertise and support in delivering the project.'