Wymondham bowls club give charity a boost
- Credit: Archant
A fines box for using an 'incorrect' bowling style at a bowls club has helped to raise £2,500 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
Members of the Wymondham Dell Bowls Club raised the money over the past year by hosting raffles and tombolas, as well as encouraging donations to collection pots.
Club president Geoffrey Batley said he was thrilled with the effort, which was celebrated at a charity evening with fellow president Annette Walters.
Mr Batley said: 'Annette and myself were delighted to support the nook appeal.
'We knew that raising money for EACH would be well received by Dell members and so it proved by the superb support they gave us to the various events we held throughout our year of office, not least a fines box for incorrectly delivered bowls which has become a permanent fixture - members be warned.'
You may also want to watch:
The charity evening featured music and entertainment including the comedian 'Norfolk Nut' Pat Nearney and country classic singer Pat James.
Emma Taylor, EACH Norfolk community fundraiser, said: 'We'd like to say a big thank you to everyone at Wymondham Dell Bowls Club for their hard-work and dedication raising valuable funds for our nook appeal.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 9 Five takeaways planned to open in Norfolk
- 10 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
'EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Norfolk. In order to help make our vision of a new hospice for the families we work with a reality we need the support of all sectors of the Norfolk community.
'We are so grateful for the continued support of the bowls club.'
For more information about the Nook appeal visit www.each.org.uk or call 01953 666767.
Have you got a Wymondham fundraising story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07584 311481.