Wymondham barber opens his own shop
A young barber in Wymondham has begun welcoming customers into his new shop.
Jack Bentley, 23, opened his first barbershop – called Bentley's – in Market Street on November 21.
The former Wymondham High School student began his training at the nearby Poppa John barbershop in Whartons Court when he was just 16.
After completing a three-year National Hairdressers' Federation apprenticeship, he became self-employed and moved on to renting a chair at Kutz Rebellion in Middleton Street.
But when the premises in Market Street became vacant – which was home to a former clock shop – he saw an opportunity to further his career.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bentley said his first few weeks of running his own barbershop have gone well.
'Things are going really good. I was a bit nervous to start with but the opportunity came up and I thought I had to take it,' he said.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
'I started as a Saturday boy just to earn a bit of money and as I approached the end of school I was asked if I wanted to carry on and learn the trade.
'I spoke to my parents and we thought it was a job that I would always be able to do because everyone needs their hair cut and I could go anywhere in the world with it.'
On why he enjoys his job, he said: 'It's getting to meet all the people. Everyone wants a different style so you're always learning.'
He said he hopes to provide a modern twist on the classical barbershop with future aims to install a television and a games console in the shop to keep children amused while waiting for their hair cuts.
Bentley's is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 5.30pm, with a late opening of 7pm on Thursday. The barbershop also opens on Saturday from 7am to 3pm.
For more information, call 01953 605754.