First time art auction raises more than £750
- Credit: Gayla Clark
The first auction to be held in an arts centre raised more than £750 at the weekend.
Wymondham Arts Centre at Beckets Chapel held the event on Sunday, June 17.
The highest amount raised by any of the 23 donated works sold was an oil painting called Swallow which went for £77.99.
More than 60 amateur and professional exhibits including pottery, paintings, prints and textiles were shown at the centre from June 12-17.
Matt Downing, project manager at Wymondham Arts Centre, said: 'The auction is a new event for the Arts Centre and one which we are very excited about.
You may also want to watch:
'We have had some amazing items donated. We wanted to encourage people to buy art, raise money for the Centre and have fun. All support was really appreciated.'
Among the contributions were two pieces of pottery by June Gentle and art from Chris and Hannah Hann.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue