Wymondham Lions and Rotary join forces for fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
The Wymondham Lions and Rotary are joining forces once again to raise money for a complex needs school.
The Annual Burns Night and Ceilidh will begin with traditional Scottish fare including haggis, neeps and cranachan.
Afterwards, guests will be invited to dance along with regional Ceilidh band, Happy Feet. There will also be a pay bar and a tombola.
All proceeds will go towards the Chapel Green School in Old Buckenham, formerly the Chapel Road School, which has just opened to pupils.
While the premise has recently opened, funding still needs to be sourced for extras such as specialised play equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 6.30pm on Friday January 26 at Central Hall, Wymondham.
Tickets are £20 and can be purchased from Reeves in Market Street Wymondham or online at www.wymfest.org.ukLast year's event raised £1,100 for the school.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17