Wymondham Abbey transformed by flower festival
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Wymondham Abbey has been turned into a floral spectacle to celebrate the completion of work on new extensions to the 12th century building.
Entitled Rejoice, the festival features 75 floral displays brightening the halls of the Abbey, which organisers are using as a way to show their gratitude for the church's development project.
Brian Randall, church warden at Wymondham Abbey, said: 'Doris Waymark, flower festival designer, and her team have transformed the church. The displays are superb.
'I would like to pay tribute to Doris and her team for all their hard work. The response that we have had from visitors has been very positive, with comments like 'stunning' and 'beautiful'.
'We have had several coach parties, including one from Boston in Lincolnshire, and have been very busy. If you are in the Wymondham area, the flower festival is well worth a visit.'
You may also want to watch:
The £2.75m development project added new facilities including meeting rooms and educational spaces and a range of displays detailing the Abbey's connection to the town.
The flower festival is open today (Sunday) from 12pm to 5pm and tomorrow (Monday) from 10am to 5pm.
For more information visit http://www.wymondhamabbey.org.uk/
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs