Wroxham Bridge re-opens after crash between two cars
- Credit: Scott Rose
Wroxham Bridge was closed after a crash - the second time in the space of two days it has been shut following a collision.
The bridge was shut at just before 4pm on Saturday (December 15) after the crash between two cars.
Norfolk police said it involved a white BMW and a black BMW.
An ambulance was called to the scene, but it is not known how severe any injuries are.
The road was closed while recovery teams arrived to move the vehicles. It had re-opened by 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
Konectbus tweeted that the closure affected its 5B service. The bus company said it had operated a shuttle bus between Wroxham and Horning.
It was the second crash on the bridge in the space of two days.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
Emergency services, including fire crews from Sprowston and Carrow were called to a crash which shut the bridge at just after 7pm on Friday (December 14).